At Shop Granite Setts Ltd, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as the law requires. This policy explains how we treat your data when you visit our website and the rights you have. This policy does not apply to other websites linked to our website, which have their own privacy policies.
We gather some information about you when you visit our website: for example, when requesting a free sample, registering on our website, sending us a query or buying some of our goods.
We store your data for no longer than necessary and only for the purposes for which they were collected. Sometimes it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject. We will respect our obligations and always safeguard your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We will never sell or share your details with third parties for marketing purposes.
The communications on our system are encrypted for security reasons but we recommend not sharing your password with anyone when you register on our website.
What data do we collect from you?
Any information you give us.
In particular: name, address, company name, profession, email, phone or post code
Any technical information.
- IP address (Internet Protocol)
- Login information
- Operating system and platform
- Browser and browser plug-in version and type
- Time zone setting
When you buy on our website, we do not store your card details, but our third-party payment processors do. They are, of course, experts in the security of online payments.
We will never store sensitive information about your health status, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, political orientation, criminal convictions or biometric identifiers.
What do we use your information for?
- To process your orders or to carry out whichever contractual obligations may exist between our company and you.
- To provide you with information about relevant changes to our products or services, or to make suggestions or recommendations about goods or services that we think may interest you.
- To keep our website secure and present the content in an effective way on all type of devices and browsers, including internal operations like data analysis, statistics, troubleshooting or understanding the effectiveness of our advertising.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties, in order to supply you with services provided on our behalf including payments, deliveries, search engine services, advertising, processing or marketing which eventually could require access to some of your data.
- We sometimes gather statistics about our website traffic. These will be generic and anonymous, will not include your personal details and will always be carried out according to the law.
Accessing and Updating your information
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to access or update your data, want a copy of the data we hold about you or want to remove your data from our system.
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
You can obtain more specific information about each of your rights via the following link: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/